Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
With work, running a household and taking care of your family, things can often get a bit much to think of healthy cooking as well. That’s why we’re bringing you this simple and healthy recipe to try at home. It’s loaded with protein, veggies and healthy grains - the perfect balanced meal.
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 (4-ounce) can green chiles
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 bell peppers, tops cut, stemmed and seeded
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine quinoa, green chiles, corn, beans, tomatoes, cheeses, cilantro, cumin, garlic, onion and chili powder, salt and pepper, to taste.
Spoon the filling into each bell pepper cavity. Place on a prepared baking dish, cavity side up, and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through, about 25-30 minutes. Serve immediately.
It’s incredibly filling and hearty, making it the perfect vegetarian option for Meatless Monday or any other day of the week!
One more way First Day can help you lead a healthier life is by bringing you and your family the best supplements out there. Start your day right by taking it in the morning and finish your day off strong with a healthy meal.
Our Men’s and Women’s Daily Vitamins will give your body everything it needs. Get your order in today and give it a try.